Welcome to our Publications page, launched in 2017 as we celebrated the 150th anniversary of Amy Beach’s birth. Our Amy Beach publications are listed on the Amy Beach website. Our Director of Music Publications and Editor-in-Chief of the Amy Beach Project, Chris A. Trotman, is responsible for the editing and engraving of our Beach editions. He has also orchestrated several works to promote their wider performance. The revised editions were carefully edited using manuscript sources and are complete with editorial documents, such as a preface, editorial policy, list of sources and critical report. Furthermore, the Amy Beach Project is working in cooperation with the executor of Amy Beach’s estate, The MacDowell Colony.
In addition to our Amy Beach Series, we also have available editions of the music of Elfrida Andrée, Marion Bauer, Rebecca Clarke, Ruth Crawford Seeger and Vítězslava Kaprálová. The editions are listed below alphabetically by composer, followed by title and including each work’s editor/orchestrator:
• Andante quasi Recitativo, edited by Jonathan Spatola-Knoll.
• Concert Overture in D, edited by Susan Pickett.
• Swedish Mass, edited by Susan Pickett.
• Symphony No. 1, edited by Susan Pickett and Erik Feldman.
• Passacaglia on an Old English Tune for Viola (or Cello) and Chamber Orchestra
• Passacaglia on an Old English Tune for Viola (or Cello) and String Orchestra
Both versions orchestrated by Chris A. Trotman.
• Five Songs (1-3) for Contralto and Chamber Orchestra (Original)
• Five Songs (1-3) for Contralto and Chamber Orchestra (Transposed M3 Higher)
Both versions orchestrated by Chris A. Trotman. Performance permission must be obtained from C.F. Peters.
• Partita for Piano and Strings, reduced for 2 pianos – solo piano and piano accompaniment (orch. red.)
Orchestral reduction by Chris A. Trotman.
You may acquire the original Partita publication through the Czech Radio publisher here.
For more information or to acquire these publications, please contact us at [email protected]!